- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 (10-ounce) package romaine salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; cut in half crosswise. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Sprinkle shrimp with paprika and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
- 2. While the shrimp cooks, combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, juice, oil, and mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add lettuce; toss to coat.
- 3. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 6 shrimp, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup carrot, 1/4 cup corn, 2 avocado wedges, and 2 bacon pieces.