- 3/4 pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add chopped spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
- Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
I used fresh spinach.
I used mild sausage.
I didn't have diced tomatoes so I used the rest of a jar of chunky pasta sauce I had.
I didn't use all the pasta I cooked- it seemed to be way too much.