Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recipe #12: Sausage Pasta

Yet another one from allrecipes.com! Recipe copied from the site, my changes listed at the end.

SAUSAGE PASTA


Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound pasta
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
  2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid.
  3. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add chopped spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
  4. Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
MY CHANGES:

I used fresh spinach.
I used mild sausage.
I didn't have diced tomatoes so I used the rest of a jar of chunky pasta sauce I had.
I didn't use all the pasta I cooked- it seemed to be way too much.


1 comment:

  1. Argh, that looks so good. It's making me moist.

    ReplyDelete