Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recipe #9: Marinated Swordfish

I've always been timid about cooking fish, and timid about using the broiler, but today I conquered both in the form of marinated swordfish. This fish is very dense and heavy, closer to the consistency of chicken. Turned out fantastic and was very easy to make. I slightly modified a recipe I found on allrecipes.com


INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I used chicken broth instead because I didn't have this)
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more...)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (or more...)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 fresh swordfish fillets (I used swordfish steaks)

DIRECTIONS:

In a bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Place fish in the bowl and cover, marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 3 hours. (Note: I instead put the fish each in a ziplock with some of the marinade)

Preheat broiler or an outdoor grill for high heat.

Place fish onto the grill or a broiling pan. Discard marinade. Grill or broil fish about five minutes each side, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

**********
I was kind of excited to see this recipe and note that I had every single ingredient, minus the white wine vinegar. My kitchen stash is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment