- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices (I used two thick boneless chops cut through the center to make 4 thinner chops. I couldn't find a 1lb tenderloin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add vinegar and next 3 ingredients; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side. Add balsamic reduction; cook 1 minute, turning pork to coat.
Serve with Wild Rice Salad: Cook 1 cup fast-cooking white and wild rice per directions, omitting seasoning. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons chopped dried cherries, and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. (I used an Uncle Ben's 90 second microwaveable rice pack, Wild and Long rice mix, and mixed in the other ingredients after I cooked the rice.)