Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recipe #122: Sweet and Spicy Chicken

This is an adaptation of a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade recipe.  It originally called for 2 game hens, which I can't find whenever I'm actually looking for them, so I used pick of the chick (a package of 2 breasts, 2 thighs, and two drumsticks) instead, and that worked fine.  Also, I didn't marinate because, well, I forgot to check the recipe before dinner time rolled around.... but they still turned out great.  I was also a bit liberal on ingredient amounts.  VERY good, especially the dark meat pieces, and I spooned the sauce over a multi-grain medley made by Minute Rice.


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed  (I drizzled on more in the roasting pan)
  • 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning blend  (I used a little more)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 cornish game hens, halved  (I used "pick of the chick")
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

In a small bowl, combine juice, jerk seasoning, salt and pepper and oil. Rinse halved hens and pat dry with paper towels. Put the hens in a zip-top bag and pour in the marinade. Turn hens in the bag to coat evenly. 

Close the bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.  (I skipped the marinating)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Remove the hens from the marinade and place in a roasting pan, breast-side up. Pour the remaining marinade over the hens. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so yummy, and pretty easy, which is a huge plus for me!

    ReplyDelete