Sunday, September 9, 2012

Recipe #187: Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef

I couldn't wait to try this recipe once I found it, and it was delicious.  The beef was very sweet and super tender.  I probably cut it apart wrong, but I don't care- it still tasted great!

My pictures are horrible because I was in a hurry to eat it- but you get the idea.


Ingredients

  • 4 cups apple juice
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packets
  • 10 small red potatoes, scrubbed
  • 2-3 carrots, cut into chunks
  • 1 onions, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1/2 head cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks

Directions

  1. Pour the apple juice into a large slow cooker, and mix in the brown sugar and mustard, stirring until the brown sugar has dissolved. Mix in the contents of the spice packets, and lay the briskets into the apple juice mixture. Top with red potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage chunks. Push all ingredients into the liquid.
  2. Cover and cook on High until corned beef is very tender, 4 to 5 hours; or cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Slice meat thinly across the grain, and serve with vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment