Monday, February 25, 2013

Recipe #210: Bolognaise Sauce (Pressure Cooker)

My mom gave me a pressure cooker as a gift awhile back, but I was scared of using it.  I finally tried a recipe tonight, and my biggest problem was preventing myself from eating too much!  This was DELICIOUS!  Obviously bacon makes ANYTHING better...  I served it over whole grain spaghetti.


INGREDIENTS:

1 tbsp vegetable oil
4oz bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
1/2 lb ground beef
1 clove garlic, crushed (I used minced garlic instead)
2 tbsp tomato paste
Pinch mixed herbs or Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
375ml beef stock
2 tablespoons cornflour

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in the open cooker and fry the bacon and vegetables until lightly browned.  Remove from pot.

Brown the ground beef in the oil.  Add all ingredients except cornflour to the pot and stir well.  Close the lid, bring to pressure and cook for 15 minutes.

Release the pressure QUICKLY.

Add cornflour to the pot and bring to a boil and cook till thickened.  Serve with spaghetti and grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment