Saturday, May 18, 2013

Recipe #222: Spinach and Tortellini

I've been spending a lot of time grilling, eating at restaurants, and being out of town for work, so my blog has slowed down a little bit.  Today I made dinner from a recipe that I'd been saving to try.  This really fresh-tasting meal comes from Cooking Channel's website.  I changed the amounts a little bit and used a little less spinach.  I can't wait to have the leftovers!  I'm sure the flavors will be even better once the juices have time to sit and absorb int the tortellini more.


INGREDIENTS:


Salt (I only used it for cooking the tortellini)
Cooking spray
4 cups fresh cheese tortellini (10 to 12 ounces)
3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 cups thawed frozen peas (I didn't bother to thaw them)
8 cloves garlic, chopped
4 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
8 cups spinach (I used less because this seemed excessive)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup pine nuts
Freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water well with salt. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. 

Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, peas, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. 

Add in the spinach and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss in the pasta. Top with the Parmesan and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment