Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Recipe #319: Baked Paprika Chicken Thighs, Brussels Sprouts, and Potatoes

Yes, yes, I know.  I haven't posted since May.  That's a good sign though- I've been crazy busy this summer!  Yes, I have made a few new recipes, and it's time to go back through my Facebook pictures to see some of the shots I took of them so I can blog them properly.  Tonight I found a recipe on Eating Well that I adapted for what I had in the kitchen, and it's AMAZING, so I am kicking my blog back into gear with that one!


INGREDIENTS


  • 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
  • 1 pound redskin potatoes, quartered (or sixthed if large- is sixthed a word!?)
  • 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 lemon, sliced, or lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, sweet or hot
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds), skin removed

PREPARATION

  1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
  2. Combine Brussels sprouts, onion, potatoes and lemon with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
  3. Mash garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt with the side of a chef’s knife to form a paste. Combine the garlic paste with paprika, thyme and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over chicken. Nestle the chicken into the vegetables.
  4. Roast on the lower rack until the vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken without touching bone registers 165°F, 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment