Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recipe #33: Southwest Chicken Burgers

Fantastic, quick, flavorful, and pretty healthy recipe. Made it in a hurry for dinner tonight, and I was quite happy with the results despite being skeptical about how ground chicken would taste. I bring you Southwest Chicken Burgers!



INGREDIENTS:

1lb ground chicken
1/3c salsa (I used a black bean and corn salsa, medium heat)
1 tablespoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

In a bowl, combine the salsa, pepper, and chicken. Form into patties (I made 3, you can also make 2 or 4 depending on how hungry you are...)

Heat a pan and spray with olive oil spray. Place the patties in the hot pan and cook for 4-6 minutes each side, until cooked through.

Serve on buns with your choice of toppings. We melted swiss cheese on them, grilled up some onions, and added fresh spinach and tomato slices. I will be making these again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment