Saturday, November 6, 2010

Recipe #71: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

My sister told me about this recipe, and it was a hit the first time I made it.  Nick particularly likes this one, and it's one he usually requests.  I'm copying the recipe as-is, but I'll make notes where I've changed things...


Ingredients

  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese  (I use cheddar usually)
  • 10 Mission® Fajita Size Flour Tortillas, warmed  (I use an 8-pack of whatever flour tortillas)
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 green onion, sliced

Directions

  1. Mix soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder.
  2. Mix 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese. (I don't add the chicken yet)...
  3. Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. (I instead spread the mixture on first, THEN add chicken, saving the mess of step 2).  Roll up and place seam-side down in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pour remaining picante sauce mixture over enchiladas. Cover.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until hot. Top with tomato and onion. 
Makes GREAT leftovers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment