- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped carrot
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1/4 cup prechopped celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Pour broth into a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH 1 minute.
- 2. Combine broth, thyme, and black pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and simmer.
- 3. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté for 3 minutes or until tender. Add flour, stirring with a whisk. Stir carrot mixture and shrimp into broth mixture; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cover and simmer 4 minutes.