Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recipe #117: Wendy's Pecan Chicken Salad Imposter

I was always kind of skeptical about mixing chicken and fruit together... especially after combining it with bleu cheese...  but awhile back, I had to try Wendy's pecan chicken salad and got totally HOOKED.  The combination of flavors is so awesome, salty, sweet, and even a little sour from the cranberries.  Today I was craving one of those salads, but Wendy's was a bit far from my house for my liking.  Instead, I went to Rego's up the road from me and grabbed as many of the ingredients as I could remember to make my own.  It was very close to the original, although I used strawberry vinaigrette instead of the pomegranate one they use.  Here's a link to Wendy's version for comparison.


Here's the ingredients- simply adjust according do your tastes!
Leafy greens (baby spinach, baby mixed, whatever you like)
Craisins
Pecans
Apple, sliced into chunks
Bleu cheese crumbles
A few croutons
White meat chicken, about one breast size per person, cooked and cut into chunks
A fruit vinaigrette dressing, such as pomegranate, strawberry, raspberry, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment