Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recipe #131: Honey Balsamic Chicken

Alright, I admit it:  I've been totally lazy about cooking lately... hoping to break out of this lame food funk soon... BUT Facebook came through when I asked my friends for a simple, healthy, easy recipe for dinner yesterday, and one recipe stood out- for good reason!  Nick and I scraped our plates clean.  This is from Sarah H, via http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=555389:


Ingredients

    1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 tsp olive oil 1lb chicken breast (I used thin-sliced) 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp honey

Directions

Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.

Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low; add vinegar and honey to pan. Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens; stir constantly. Pour glaze over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment