Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recipe #134: Chicken Paprikas

I loved how the house smelled after I made this!  Another great recipe from a friend with minimal and common ingredients!  Lots of flavor, and the German in me loved the spaetzle ;)


INGREDIENTS:

1-1.5lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces  (leave some of the soft fat! It cooks down and creates more flavor- trim off any hard fat or too much excess.  Chicken breasts aren't recommended)
1 onion, chopped
Olive oil
Heaping tablespoon of paprika (Use good quality stuff!)
1c (8oz) sour cream
Salt to taste (optional)
Cooked spaetzle, noodles, or rice

DIRECTIONS:

Sautee onion in olive oil for a few minutes, then add chicken, salt, and paprika.  Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring often so chicken doesn't burn or stick.  (I had to add a little chicken broth because I didn't stir often enough).  Near the end, add the cup of sour cream and heat through.  I always use spaetzle and mix that in after nowadays, heating through.

No comments:

Post a Comment