Sunday, September 29, 2013

Recipe #242: Lemon-Dill Chicken

I don't know what flipped the switch, but I love dill.  I didn't used to (pickles don't count), but now this is one of my favorite herbs.  This chicken is a simple dish and full of flavor.  I found this recipe on food.com and modified it a bit, but I'm posting it as-is with my comments.



Ingredients:

3/4 cup chicken broth mixed with 2-tsp flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
1 tablespoon butter
5 ounces boneless chicken breasts  (I used 1.5lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons flour

(NOTE:  Because I used more chicken, I DOUBLED the sauce.)

Directions:

1  Mix together 2-tbsp flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with mixture.  (I didn't do this- instead, I just seasoned the chicken with poultry seasoning)
2  Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add breasts and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, turning once and cooked through.  (I used butter instead of oil)
3  Remove chicken to a plate.
4  Add chicken broth flour mix, lemon juice and garlic to skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 1-minute or until slightly thickened.
5  Remove skillet from heat and add butter and fresh dill.  
6  Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.  (I put the chicken in the dill sauce and let it continue simmering a bit instead of turning the heat off, then covered it and let it sit for a few minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment