Saturday, December 14, 2013

Recipe #263: Bananas Foster

I bought a very-green bunch of bananas that basically skipped the yellow phase and started going brown, and none had been eaten yet.  Not wanting them to go to waste, but also knowing that I'm a horrible baker, I looked online for something I could make that would be hard to screw up.  Here we are, bananas foster!


INGREDIENTS:

1 stick of butter
1/2c brown sugar
4 bananas, halved lengthwise and then halved through the middle
1/4c dark rum
Ice cream or pound cake (I had cookies and cream ice cream on hand, which went well with it)

DIRECTIONS:

Melt butter in a large sauce pan.  Add sugar and combine.  Add the bananas and carmelize both sides.  Remove from heat, add the rum.  Light the rum and let it burn itself out.  Serve with ice cream or pound cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment