Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Basa and Green Beans- The Tom and Tom Dinner.

This isn't really a recipe, just a quick blog about a great new fish I tried.  It's called basa, and it's related to the catfish family.  For more details, go here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basa_fish 

All it took was a light flouring, some salt and pepper, and cooking in a large pan in melted butter for this really light fish to turn out amazing.  I'll definitely be making this again, and I look forward to trying other ways of preparing it.  Thank you to my friend Tom R. who gave me 2 filets to try- he was raving about them and thought I'd like them.  Bri's American Caribbean Seafood Market on Pearl Road has these.

As a side, I steamed up some green beans that were given to me by another friend Tom C., fresh out of his garden. I sauteed some almond slivers in butter in a pan and then mixed in the cooked green beans and added salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice.  They were great!

So, thank you to Tom and Tom who basically provided us this whole dinner!

1 comment: