Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recipe #86: Stuffed Pork Chops

I love this recipe for two reasons:  First, I normally don't like pork chops and this makes me like them, and second, most of these ingredients tend to be on hand in my kitchen, minus the pork chops themselves.  I've been making this recipe for awhile now, but it's the first time I've been able to blog it!  Copied from allrecipes.com, here it is, with my changes in italics:


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs  (If they're not seasoned, use thyme and sage)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 cups whole kernel corn  (I also used some chopped onion)
  • 4 pork chops butterfly cut
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup  (I added 1/4c milk to make it more pourable)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter, egg, and corn. Mix until it is a stiff stuffing. Cut parallel into each chop to create a pocket. Stuff each pork chop with stuffing mix. Place chops in a (greased) cooking dish and then pour mushroom soup over top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until chops are cooked all the way through. (Note:  you'll have a lot more stuffing than you need to stuff the chops with, so arrange the rest of the stuffing around the chops and include them with the meal when served.  That's my favorite part!)
I made mashed sweet potatoes to serve with them that came out particularly good today!  One potato per person, peeled and cut into small cubes, boiled in water (just above the level of the cubes) for about 25 minutes.  Drain, add half a stick of butter per 2 potatoes, some salt and brown sugar (couple table spoons), and a little bit of milk (about 1/4-1/3 cup), mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment