Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe #167: Hawaiian Grilled Chicken

I almost oven-roasted yet another pick of the chick the other day, but since the weather was fantastic, I decided to look for a recipe to grill these 2 breasts, 2 thighs, and 2 drumsticks.  I already had all of the ingredients on-hand, luckily, and I'm really glad I decided to do this- everything was so tender!  My only change is that next time I marinate, I'm going to put some of the marinade under the skin of the chicken.  Some of the flavor is lost to your taste buds if you don't eat the skin, which we normally don't.



Ingredients

1package "pick of the chick" chicken, or one whole chicken cut into pieces
(this is two thighs, two drumsticks, two breasts, but you could mix and match)
3/4cup pineapple juice
3tablespoons peanut oil
2tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot  (I used powder)
1tablespoon brown sugar
2cloves garlic, minced
1/2teaspoon cracked red pepper
1/2teaspoon salt


Instructions

  1. Place chicken in shallow bowl.
  2. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or longer.
  3. Prepare lightly greased grill for cooking.
  4. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill 6 to 8 inches from heat source, allowing 20 to 30 minutes for breasts and thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170°F. and 30 to 40 minutes for thighs and drumsticks and thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180°F., turning occasionally.  (I kept everything on for 30 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment