Saturday, June 23, 2012

Recipe #175 Pasta With Corn

I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed when Food Network's picture of this recipe stopped me dead and had me drooling.  Right away I collected the recipe and made plans to pick up the ingredients for dinner.  It was everything I hoped for!  Nick had seconds, too.  The tomatoes are so juicy and it's so fresh.  The original recipe called for pappardelle pasta, but the store didn't have it.  Instead, I used whole grain linguine, which is healthier anyways.



Ingredients

  • Kosher salt
  • 2 ears corn, shucked (I used 3 ears- I like corn!)
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 cups grape tomatoes (I used two of those packaged pints)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
  • 12 ounces pappardelle pasta (I used whole grain linguine)
  • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
  • Torn basil, for topping

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with tongs, reserving the boiling water. Let the corn cool slightly, then cut off the kernels.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in the corn water as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the chicken broth and corn kernels to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
Add the pasta to the skillet; add the scallions, parmesan, the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment