Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recipe #62: Couscous with Carrots and Cilantro

I made this with recipe #61, Crispy Ginger-Lime Chicken Thighs.  The picture of the two in my cookbook just made them seem like the perfect pairing.  I really liked how this side turned out.  Plus I got to use my mandolin slicer for the first time to prep the carrots!

 My guinea pig liked the rest of the carrot...


INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups waster
1 cup couscous
1 carrot, coarsely grated
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.  Stire in coucous, carrot, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover pan, and remove from heat.  Let stand 5 minutes.  Fluff couscous with a fork.  Gently stir in chopped cilantro and oil; season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment