Friday, September 10, 2010

Recipe #64: Beef and Peanut Stir Fry

It's hard to shovel this meal in my mouth while typing this, but I'll try.  This is an adaptation of a recipe I found in my stir fry book, and I made it with my wok.  The meat is so tender, and the udon noodles and peanuts have opposite textures, making this a really interesting and hearty meal.



INGREDIENTS:

1lb bottom round beef roast, cut into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 white onion, chopped
3 green onions, whites chopped for stir fry, some greens reserved for topping
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon oil (I used canola)
1 cup chopped roasted peanuts


DIRECTIONS:

Combine beef, garlic, white onion, green onion whites, sugar, fish sauce, and oil in a bowl and marinate for a few hours.  (I skipped the marinating though and it still turned out awesome.)  Heat wok until very hot, and stir-fry mixture in two batches.  Return all to the wok, and stir in the peanuts and green onion greens and serve over rice or noodles.  We put tamari sauce (an aged soy sauce) on top, and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment