Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recipe #61: Crispy Ginger-Lime Chicken Thighs

I couldn't WAIT to make this recipe once I found it in my cookbook.  I used to only eat white meat from the chicken, but after making a few roast chickens and falling in love with the tender, flavorful thigh meat, I knew this recipe had to be good.  Putting the seasonings under the skin worked out perfect- there was so much flavor.  We did peel off the skin and not eat it, though, which is much healthier.  Next time I might try this with boneless thighs.  I served this with recipe 62, Couscous with Carrots and Cilantro.  This is from the following cookbook, one of my favorites:

Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day (Everyday Food (Clarkson Potter))

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons curry powder
4 scallions, trimmed and minced (I just sliced them thin)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (I only made 4 but kept the same amount of other ingredients!)

 Mmmm...

DIRECTIONS:

Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat source.  In a small bowl, combine ginger, lime juice, curry powder, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet; season both sides with salt and pepper.  Gently loosen skin from each piece with your fingertips.  Dividing evenly, rub ginger mixture under skin.

 Seasoning mixture under the skin

Turn thighs skin side down on baking sheet, and broil 5 minutes.  Flip thighs, and continue to broil until the skin is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thighs (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes more.  Serve, drizzled with pan juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment