Thursday, December 8, 2011

Recipe #141: Chicken and Waffles Sandwich

I got a look from Nick when I mentioned this one, but once he saw it, he had no arguments.  Very easy to put together, nice and fresh tasting.  I  made this with a side of broccoli soup.  Thank you Cooking Light magazine for the inspiration!



Ingredients

  • slices lower-sodium bacon, halved crosswise  (I used fully cooked bacon and reheated it, it's quicker)
  • 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise  (I could only find olive oil mayo, but it was good!)
  • 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted  (I just needed 4 for two of us)
  • 6 ounces thinly sliced, lower-sodium deli chicken breast  (I used Boar's Head brand Everroast Chicken!)
  • (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe tomato
  • Boston lettuce leaves  (Love these leaves!  Perfect size and texture!)

Preparation

  1. 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
  2. 2. Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
  3. 3. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 waffles. Divide chicken, bacon, tomato, and lettuce evenly among servings. Top with remaining waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment