Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Recipe #145: Shrimp Scampi

I made this with ingredients I normally have on hand.  I used whole wheat spaghetti instead of angel hair.  Came together really quick and was delicious!  I also added a little bit of cracked red pepper to add a kick.


Ingredients

  • 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta  (I used whole grain spaghetti)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 cup dry white wine  (I used 3/4c)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley  (I had to use dried)

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
  2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in wine and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
  4. Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment