Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recipe #43: Beef and Spinach Stir Fry (Wok)

I believe this is my favorite wok recipe so far. I modified it a little bit from my stir fry cookbook.


INGREDIENTS:

1lb rump or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1/4c sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or dried, to taste)
1 tablespoon sherry (or chicken broth)
oil, for cooking (I used canola)
1 large onion, cut into wedges
8oz spinach leaves, shredded

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine chilli sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sherry in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the side. Stir-fry the meat in batches over high heat until well browned, adding more oil when necessary. Remove from the wok and set aside.
3. Reheat the wok, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir-fry the onion wedges for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Return the meat to the wok, and add the sauce mixture. I also added black pepper.
4. Just before serving, toss the spinach through the beef mixture until the spinach is just wilted. Serve immediately. (I served mine on brown and wild rice).

No comments:

Post a Comment