Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Recipe #195: Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs

Yeah, I know, I post about chicken thighs all the time... but I can't help it.  I love them!  They're super cheap and very flavorful.  Here's a really simple recipe.  I used honey that was grown in Parma, my home town!  My only issue is that I don't eat the skin, where most of the flavor was applied, but it still had good flavor regardless.  Next time, maybe I'll put it under the skin.  I served these with a side of chunked up portobellos that I sauteed in butter and herbes de Provence.


INGREDIENTS:

8 chicken thighs
4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
4 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put the chicken thighs in a single layer in a roasting pan.

Mix together the mustard and honey, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste and brush the mixture all over the chicken thighs.

Cook for 25-30 minutes, brushing the chicken with the pan juices occasionally, until cooked through.  (NOTE:  I cooked them for about 27 minutes, and then broiled them on high for a few minutes to brown the skin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment