Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recipe #196: Meaty Pasta Sauce

I'm so full, I can barely stay awake enough to type this.  I just kept eating and eating... Yes, that means it was DELICIOUS!  Recipe from a friend- adapt to your tastes.

Saucy!!

Perfect!

INGREDIENTS:

1-1.5 lbs cubed stew beef (or other meats of your choice)
Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
Garlic to taste (I used a handful of cloves that I chopped... I like garlic!)
1/2 can (17oz) tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
Salt, pepper, and coriander to taste
Sage OR oregano to taste
1 Knorr vegetable stock/bouillon cube
2 carrots, chopped small
Fresh chopped parsley
Pasta of choice

DIRECTIONS:

Cook onion, garlic and salt in olive oil until onion sweats.  Add beef and coriander to taste, and brown the meat.  Reduce the heat and add the tomato paste, paprika, vegetable bouillon cube, carrots, sage or oregano, and enough water to cover the beef.  Simmer with the lid on for about 30 minutes, and then remove the lid and simmer until beef is tender (this took me at least another half hour, probably longer, but I stopped keeping track because the stew meat took forever to become tender.  I broke it up with my browning tool once it was soft enough to make smaller pieces).  Reduce sauce as desired (I let mine get pretty chunky).  Add fresh parsley at the end, as well as cheese and black pepper if desired.  Serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment